2018 is here! First things first, reflecting on last years reading resolutions.
For 2017, I made five reading resolutions.
- First, to read 30 books. This I did! I actually read 32, so slightly over. Bigger and better next year!
- One of them was to read more memoirs/biographies, another tick!
- Where I fell short was with series. I wanted to read the next book in a couple of series I’d started. Of the three that I had in mind, I only read one. I also wanted to start a new series and I did not. I read Harry Potter again.
- I also wanted to read three classics… I did not read one.
Focusing on what I did read in 2017, here my top five books of the year:
1. My Life As A Hashtag by Gabrielle Williams – Review
2. The Circle by Dave Eggers – Review
3. Because of You by Pip Harry – Review
4. Genuine Fraud by E. Lockhart – Review
5. The Start of Me & You by Emory Lord – Review
Now for some reading resolutions for 2018!
- Read 35-40 books
Aim a little higher, lets hope I can read more in 2018 then in 2017!
- Read a new series!
Adding this to my reading resolutions again, I really want to read The Lunar Chronicles.
- Read the next Anne of Green Gables book
Anne of the Island is the third book of the series, I want to read this whole series so I’ll read the next one in 2018!
- Read some books on my TBR
There are a few book that have been sitting on my shelf since the middle of 2016 that I really want to read and for some reason I haven’t yet. 2018 will be the year!
- Read 2 classics
So I didn’t get to it in 2017, but I did purchase a couple more classics this year and I would like to read them! I find them intimidating and I want to overcome that.
What are you looking forward to reading in 2018?