I have only recently discovered my love for Gilmore Girls in the past couple of years. The show is so funny, emotional and really makes you care about the Gilmore family. Don’t we all just want to live in Stars Hollow, have coffee at Luke’s and lunch at the Dragonfly Inn? I’m not even a coffee person, but I would drink it at Luke’s.
So, Rory is an avid reader throughout the series and there are apparently over 300 books mentioned, referenced or seen in the show. I decided to go through the list and talk about which ones I’ve read and which ones I want to read.
You can check yourself here!
- Diary of A Young Girl by Anne Frank
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- Charlotte’s Web by E.B. White
- Frankenstein by Mary Shelley
- Hamlet by William Shakespeare
- Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone by J.K. Rowling
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
- Little Women by Louisa M. Alcott
- Othello by William Shakespeare
- The Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
- Waiting for Godot by Samuel Beckett
Five of these I had to read in high school for English or Drama. The ones I read of my own accord are Harry Potter, Charlotte’s Web, Diary of A Young Girl, Perks of Being A Wallflower and Little Women. I really thought I’d have more!
Want to read:
- 1984 by George Owell
- The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- Emma by Jane Austen
- The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
- The Kite Runner by Khaleed Hosseini
- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- The Scarlett Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
- Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte
Maybe if I read these ones, I could come back to the Rory Gilmore Reading List later and feel better about my score. How many have you read?